- WALKING THROUGH THE OLD TOWN
WALKING THROUGH THE OLD TOWN
Au sortir de l'hôtel / Outside the hotel
Even though CAEN suffered a lot in 1944, most of its heritage is still standing. During your stay, do not miss the following :
- The Saint Sauveur Square and its magnificent XIXth century bourgeois houses
- The Rue Froide and its 'Our lady of cold street' church along with the hidden renaissance mansions .
- The Rue Ecuyere renowned for its antique shops and XVIth century old houses
- Rue Saint Pierre and its superb half-timbered houses
- Hotel d'Escoville freely inspired from the Chambord castle that is now the tourism office
- Le vaugueux : historical picturesque district where plenty of traditionnal restaurant awaits you.