No matter if you are staying in a single room or a family one, all our rooms are soundproofed, air conditioned and with all the facilities you would expect: shower or bathtub, hairdryer and shaving plug, automatic alarm clock, telephone, safe box, LCD TV (with satellite channels and CANAL+) and free WiFi access. A courtesy tray welcomes you in every room free of charge, with tea, coffee, bottle of mineral water.
The furniture is simple and effective, in warm – « Sardius Calvados » tones. Articulated black lacquered Jieldé lamps light up the desks and frame the beds with their white sheets. The curtains are also white and covered by a second range of blinds and black out curtains. On the sliding doors or on the wall -- full-length mirrors.
The bathrooms are designed with large sections of Caen stone-coloured tiles and their floors are covered in mosaic. The shower spaces were created out of mortar in the traditional way and are also covered in mosaics. The taps and bathroom accessories are signed by HANS GROHE. The overall tone follows the current decoration idea – simple and following a principle of utility and space optimisation.
Below are some of the details which will be appreciated by connoisseurs :
• the articulated lamps and the LOFT brackets « Jieldé » of Jean Louis Domecq (our wink to the 60s which saw the renaissance of this hotel!),
• the « HIM » sofas of Fabio Novembre designed by CASAMANIA ,
• the DODO stools created by Pastorino and Suarez also for CASAMANIA,
• the Coca Cola -111 Navy Chair by EMECO (there is a beautiful surprising story to discover when looking under the seat!!!)
• the Arne Quinze PRIMARY footstool by « QUINZE & MILAN » …